Book Title: Concise Answers to Frequently Asked Questions About Professional Learning Communities at Work(TM) (Stronger Relationships for Better Education Leadership)
Publisher: Solution Tree
Author: Mike Mattos
Get all of your PLC questions answered. Designed as a companion resource to Learning by Doing: A Handbook for Professional Learning Communities at Work (3rd ed.), this powerful quick-reference guidebook is a must-have for teachers and administrators working to build and sustain a PLC. Packed with strategies for building a positive learning environment, you and your team will turn to this invaluable reference tool again and again as questions and complications arise along your PLC journey.
-Receive concise answers to frequently asked questions about becoming a PLC.
-Address the four critical questions that guide teacher collaboration through the PLC process.
-Review essential PLC vocabulary.
-Understand the qualities educators need to cultivate in order to harness a collaborative culture.
-Outline what students need to learn, and ascertain how to react when students either do or do not learn it.
-Gain tips on additional PLC books to read to dig deeper into the topics covered in this book.
1. Laying the Foundation: Mission, Vision, Values, and Goals
2. Building a Collaborative Culture
3. What Do We Want Our Students to Learn?
4. How Will We Know When Our Students Have Learned It?
5. How Will We Respond When Some Students Don't Learn and When Some Do?
6. The District's Role in the PLC Process
7. Consensus and Conflict in a PLC
Afterword: It s a Journey, Not a Destination