Book Title: Every School, Every Team, Every Classroom: District Leadership for Growing Professional Learning Communities at Work™
Publisher: Solution Tree
Author: Robert Eaker
What would a learning community look like if we really meant it when we committed to ensuring the learning of each student? What would we consider good enough for our own children? In Every School, Every Team, Every Classroom
, the authors suggest that these two questions drive PLC leaders to embed PLC at Work practices in their entire district.
With a focus on creating simultaneous top-down and bottom-up leadership, youll learn how to grow PLCs with concentrated direction and encouraging innovation at every level of the district. With many examples and reproducible tools, you'll see how effective district leaders, principals, and teams can work together to create a guaranteed and viable curriculum.
* Explains the real work that districts must do to ensure that every school implements PLC practices
* Explores how to build excitement and commitment to the PLC mission
* Shows how to build shared knowledge of PLC practices with school board members, principals, teams, individual teachers, and the broader community
* Provides strategies for district leaders to support and monitor the critical work of principals in creating collaborative teams
* Offers strategies and tools for principals to support and monitor the critical work of teacher teams focused on learning
* Suggests strategies and tools to help teacher teams focus their collaborative work on student learning