Book Title: Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Author: John J. Ratey
- Go Wild: Eat Fat, Run Free, Be Social, and Follow Evolution's Other Rules for Total Health and Well-being
- Brain Rules (Updated and Expanded): 12 Principles for Surviving and Thriving at Work, Home, and School
- A User's Guide to the Brain: Perception, Attention, and the Four Theaters of the Brain
- Volleyball: Steps to Success (Steps to Success Activity Series)
- The Productivity Project: Accomplishing More by Managing Your Time, Attention, and Energy
- Fitnessgram & Activitygram Test Administration Manual-Updated 4th Edition
- Steal the Show: From Speeches to Job Interviews to Deal-Closing Pitches, How to Guarantee a Standing Ovation for All the Performances in Your Life
- The Kinesthetic Classroom: Teaching and Learning Through Movement
- So Good They Can't Ignore You
- Eat Move Sleep: How Small Choices Lead to Big Changes
Did you know you can beat stress, lift your mood, fight memory loss, sharpen your intellect, and function better than ever simply by elevating your heart rate and breaking a sweat? The evidence is incontrovertible: aerobic exercise physically remodels our brains for peak performance.
In SPARK, John Ratey, MD embarks upon a fascinating journey through the mind-body connection, illustrating that exercise is truly our best defense against everything from depression to ADD to addiction to menopause to Alzheimer's. Filled with amazing case studies (such as the revolutionary fitness program in Naperville, Illinois, that has put the local school district of 19,000 kids first in the world of science test scores), SPARK is the first book to explore comprehensively the connection between exercise and the brain. It will change forever the way you think about your morning run.